Its is the second worst storm I endured since I moved to Texas, making it the second worst storm of my life. I had been praying, trying to center, and needing to be present. The storm hit my house exactly within the first five minutes of sitting down with someone for spiritual direction. The wind was rattling the windows and tossing bits of the back yard around. The whole house chilled. I considered ending our time together because I was able to give the moment only 99% of my attention. I was being tugged away by one haunting thought. Will the tree hold? Continue reading
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- Its Jesus, Not Dinosaurs…that are coming. Advent Day One
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
- A Sermon at Burning Flipside on Pentecost Sunday, 2015, “Why Does God Want a Church at This Time and in This Place?”
- The End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine: A minority report from one of the last living Christians in Austin…. or something like that.
Subscribe to Blog via Email