“Well,” Fr. Francis said, “That is a relationship and relationships go through transitions.” Of all of the things I have been mulling over in trying to make sense of a painful friendship, this one made the difference. It was so simple, and apparently truthful because it made my gut ache. Continue reading
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- This is How I Am Pro-Life. Now may I please have that phrase back?
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
- A Sermon at Burning Flipside on Pentecost Sunday, 2015, “Why Does God Want a Church at This Time and in This Place?”
- The End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine: A minority report from one of the last living Christians in Austin…. or something like that.
- Being Moved: Why am I a Christian? The Gospel according to Doug.
Subscribe to Blog via Email