We live in a moment in history in which truth is only found in this fairly new thing we reinvented called a ‘fact.’ “This is a table,” we say. It is a fact that the thing I just set my cup on is a “table.” Ta-da! End of story… It is an idea that seems pretty hard to argue with until all of a sudden I take that same table apart and plan to build a flower bed out of it. Fairly quickly it becomes lumber. So it is now not a table after all. Er… right? That is the case until I decide without making any changes to the pile, to burn it in a fire. Without moving an inch, by mere planning in my head, it becomes fuel. This pile of wood is fuel for my fire, end of story. …Or perhpas this is where the importance of ‘story’ just begins. Continue reading
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- Six Advent Practices to Set Us Free From 2016.
- I Think I Need an Exorcism, and You Probably Do Too… Part 1
- Its Jesus, Not Dinosaurs…that are coming. Advent Day One
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
Subscribe to Blog via Email