This year, my experience of the holidays was…. not ideal. In short: I just stayed sick most the time. I ended up in bed on Thanksgiving, on Christmas and again on Epiphany. And while I had to cancel my normal plans to stay by myself in a cabin at the State Park for Christmas, I did have some good friends who at least managed to haul my feeble body to church for Christmas eve services. I spent most of Christmas day with the blankets up to my chin and 30 Rock on Netflix. I could have stayed there in bed all day, occasionally checking for signs of life on FaceBook and otherwise not really needing much more than my Vicks vapor rub and my water bottle. Continue reading
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- Its Jesus, Not Dinosaurs…that are coming. Advent Day One
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
- A Sermon at Burning Flipside on Pentecost Sunday, 2015, “Why Does God Want a Church at This Time and in This Place?”
- The End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine: A minority report from one of the last living Christians in Austin…. or something like that.
Subscribe to Blog via Email