It is springtime and it seems the hectic demands I usually have around Christmas are beginning to over take Holy Week as well. Besides my normal work obligations I have time sensitive art projects, volunteer work, some important events with my friends and of course, church services. I feel like I am waging my own personal war on Easter trying to figure out what the most Christian choices I can make are. I suspect that I am not at all alone in this. I find myself asking familiar questions about what Christianity is all, “about,” Continue reading
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- This is How I Am Pro-Life. Now may I please have that phrase back?
- Its Jesus, Not Dinosaurs…that are coming. Advent Day One
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
- A Sermon at Burning Flipside on Pentecost Sunday, 2015, “Why Does God Want a Church at This Time and in This Place?”
- The End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine: A minority report from one of the last living Christians in Austin…. or something like that.
Subscribe to Blog via Email