- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- This is How I Am Pro-Life. Now may I please have that phrase back?
- Its Jesus, Not Dinosaurs…that are coming. Advent Day One
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
- A Sermon at Burning Flipside on Pentecost Sunday, 2015, “Why Does God Want a Church at This Time and in This Place?”
- The End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine: A minority report from one of the last living Christians in Austin…. or something like that.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: Peter
The Gospel of Mark is my favorite. I especifically love the eighth chapter. It is hysterical. I still find myself being caught off guard and LOL-ing sometimes.
The disciples are dolts. They have the hardest time learning the most obvious lessons. Jesus goes and feeds several thousand, gets on a boat with them, and suddenly they are afraid Jesus will be mad because the didn’t pack a lunch. Zheesh. In that same chapter Jesus heals this man in a most unusual way and he has to do it twice. Either Jesus is losing his touch or Mark is writing to try to be be obvious: We don’t see clearly yet. The first time Jesus touches the blind man he sees part way. ” I see people, like trees walking around.” I get that. That makes sense to me. If he is still half blind, then he is not wrong. But there is more to be seen and it will be a shocker. So don’t stop now…