- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- 29 Days of Hope: Day 21, Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- This is How I Am Pro-Life. Now may I please have that phrase back?
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- Holding Christians to their Own Light: Nonviolence and hope in Arizona’s “Turn the Gay Away,” Laws
- Grace, Race, and Peace: Admitting there is a problem is the first step to getting help.
- Making room for Christ with Dorothy Day
- The Suspicious Miracle of the Tarnished Cross. A guest post on faith by David J. Dunn
- I’ll Have What They’re Having. Why it is good to remember saints on All Saints Day
- “Short Term 12,” The grace you give may be your own.
- “Never Forget” and “Do this in Remembrance of Me:” Thoughts on how we remember September 11th.
Tag Archives: good friday
The Gospel of Mark is my favorite. I especifically love the eighth chapter. It is hysterical. I still find myself being caught off guard and LOL-ing sometimes.
The disciples are dolts. They have the hardest time learning the most obvious lessons. Jesus goes and feeds several thousand, gets on a boat with them, and suddenly they are afraid Jesus will be mad because the didn’t pack a lunch. Zheesh. In that same chapter Jesus heals this man in a most unusual way and he has to do it twice. Either Jesus is losing his touch or Mark is writing to try to be be obvious: We don’t see clearly yet. The first time Jesus touches the blind man he sees part way. ” I see people, like trees walking around.” I get that. That makes sense to me. If he is still half blind, then he is not wrong. But there is more to be seen and it will be a shocker. So don’t stop now…