John’s body was less like mine than anyone else’s in the room. In that room full of people with some very unique bodies and abilities, that was saying a lot. Everything in this particular prayer service was going to have a lot to do with what bodies can and cannot do, and how we live with that. It was this night I found and answered a new question:, “How many bodies it take to wash two feet?” Answer: All of ours. Continue reading
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- 29 Days of Hope: Day 21, Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- This is How I Am Pro-Life. Now may I please have that phrase back?
- Eat at Joe's: A beautiful story of what happens when a band of misfits and atheists get their hands on the feast of St Joseph.
- Is This Seat Taken? My night as the welcomed stranger among the even stranger at a Passover Seder.
- It’s Not About the Chocolate: Grace and self improvement in the season of Lent.
- Why I Burn Art and Still Go to Church. “Faith For Reasons”
- Making Sense of It All. How Advent confronts us in the wake of tragedy.
- What are you waiting for? What Advent can do to fear at the end of the world.
- Holding Carlos’ Hand: How to let grace cross your threshold on world AIDS day.
- 5 Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.