“Don’t take candy from strangers,” is one of the first proverbial lessons we try to teach our children. Its up there with looking both ways before you cross the street. It is even higher than, “stop, drop and roll.” Its an important precursor to, “there is no such thing as a free lunch.” But it is also why my friend Rich thinks that Halloween (not all saints day, not all souls day, not a ‘harvest festival,” but Halloween) is one of the best holidays for Christians and Burners to celebrate, precisely because it is so much about candy and strangers… Continue reading
- Five Things I Will Never Give Up for Lent.
- St. Benedict goes to Burning Man.
- Five Un-truths of Easter
- Actually, Yeah. Mary Did Know.
- "Short Term 12," The grace you give may be your own.
- Shouting at the Bishop: Why agreeing to disagree is not a Christian response to the culture wars.
- How to be a Valentine: A Note on Martyrdom.
- How to Kill a Moment of Grace with Two Quarters and a Pack of Gum.
- One More Wall of Angels: Lent and the Death of Fred Phelps
- Five Counterintuitive Things to do to Perfect Thanksgiving.
- "How many hands does it take to wash two feet? All of ours": One of the defining moments of my life.
- Its Jesus, Not Dinosaurs…that are coming. Advent Day One
- Five thoughts on the war on Starbucks cups.
- How to Change a Life With Two Shoes, a Good Story, and Some Gravity
- “Jesus’ Two Daughters” You are not an exception to the Love of God.
- To the Persecuted Church in America: A Biblical strategy for living in times like these.
- A Sermon at Burning Flipside on Pentecost Sunday, 2015, “Why Does God Want a Church at This Time and in This Place?”
- The End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine: A minority report from one of the last living Christians in Austin…. or something like that.
Subscribe to Blog via Email